Peter Brasseler II began his work as the International Sales Manager of a German manufacturer of dental rotary instruments. Over the next 17 years, Peter establishes diamond and carbide rotary instrument sales in 100+ countries around the world.
Peter Brasseler II started Brasseler USA®, in Chicago, IL. based on the customer-centric philosophy of developing new product innovations to meet clinician and laboratory needs. The business only sells directly to the dental practitioner and lab technician.
Brasseler USA® built a tungsten carbide factory in Savannah, GA, and relocates headquarters from Chicago to that historic port city.
- Peter Brasseler II began work with numerous key U.S. lecturing clinicians on new product concepts as he continues to drive product development and innovation.
- The modern Brasseler diamond range results from Peter Brasseler’s work with Dr. Lustig from Boston and other key clinicians.
- Working with Dr. Nixon of Los Angeles and Dr. Goldstein of Atlanta, Peter Brasseler II developed and introduced specialty procedure kits.
- ET® trimming and finishing carbides are developed as the result of his work with Dr. Goldstein of Atlanta.
- Brasseler USA® worked with dental school faculties from Tufts, Boston, New York University, the Medical College of Georgia, the University of Southern California and Baylor, among others, in developing innovative products for ever-evolving clinical needs.
Brasseler Canada was established and opened its office in Quebec, Canada.
Peter Brasseler II started Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories selling directly to medical practitioners in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Don Waters joined the Board of Directors of Brasseler USA®.
- Brasseler USA® introduced its innovative procedure-based organization systems concept for rotary instrumentation to the dental office, increasing clinician efficiency and productivity. Over the years, this concept expands from a few procedure systems to over 100 unique systems, many specifically developed by leading clinicians.
Don Waters became Chairman of the Board and CEO, working closely with Peter Brasseler, continuing Brasseler’s customer-centric innovation philosophy.
Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories introduced our proprietary K2000 large bone aggressive sagittal/oscillating saw blades compatible with saws of major original equipment manufacturers (OEM).
Brasseler Canada was incorporated in 1995 as per the Quebec Registry of Corporations.
Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories and TAVA™ Surgical introduced the proprietary high speed power system XK-95.
Don Waters assumed responsibility for day-to-day operations of Brasseler USA® as President.
Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories acquired DS Manufacturing and TAVA™ Surgical, Ventura, California expanding its product manufacturing range into the orthopaedic, neurosurgery and ENT instrumentation markets.
Peter Brasseler, II passed away one week before the 25th anniversary of Brasseler USA®.
Brasseler USA® expanded brand platform beyond dental rotary instruments to a full range of dental instrumentation, beginning an aggressive new product expansion into Endodontics and Handpiece market segments, resulting in Brasseler USA® becoming the world's largest provider of dental instrumentation under one brand.
Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories acquires PyraMed, Ventura, California.
- Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories and TAVA™ Surgical introduced the proprietary large bone power system Orthopedic Power System (OPS).
- Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories purchased a new EDM (Electric Discharge Machine) to support production requirements as well as fabrication of production tooling.
State of the art training facility opened at Brasseler USA’s Savannah campus.
Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories and TAVA™ Surgical introduced our proprietary large Bone Power System OPS GEN II™ with autoclavable batteries.
Brasseler USA® celebrated its 35th anniversary, developed its own line of proprietary handpieces and launched an e-commerce website and social media presence.
- Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories purchased a new RAM Vision Inspection System to enhance our quality control inspection program.
Brasseler USA® expanded beyond North America for the first time, selling its proprietary diamond, carbide and polishing rotary instruments into Germany, Austria and Switzerland under the BUSA brand name.
- Independent clinician survey attests to strength of the Brasseler diamond product range, showing that, by a 2 to 1 margin over its closest competitor, practicing clinicians rate Brasseler #1 in product precision, quality, assortment and in providing innovative solutions to clinician needs.
- Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories purchased a new laser cutting machine for our manufacturing facility in Ventura, CA to increase capacity of saw blade production.
- Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories purchased a new laser marking machine for our logistics facility in Ventura, CA to increase laser marking capacity.
Brasseler USA® Surgical Power & Accessories expanded selling its proprietary power system and proprietary and replacement cutting accessories internationally under the BUSA® Surgical Power & Accessories brand name.
Brasseler USA® is dentistry’s leading instrumentation provider, with market-leading positions in diamonds, carbides, polishers, endodontic files and handpieces.
The direct-to-customer model established by Peter Brasseler, II in 1976 continues to this day: Genuine Brasseler USA products are only available directly from Brasseler USA®.